For a link to pictures and plans, check out my homepage.
Click here to reference my Antarctica and International travels blog, the ice and other interests.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

eclipsing

Sometimes at 4:25am, when I'm opening at Starbucks, my eyes and mind are eclipsed; I'm just not shining at my full capacity due to the sleep that still covers half my brain. This morning was no exception. I reluctantly took an opening, four hour shift this morning to help out a woman with a sore back. So, groggily, I made my way to work on a clear, very cool morning.

This, morning, however, more than my mind was shining at a fraction of it's brightness. Cristi, and I were walking into the store when we looked up and couldn't miss the best lunar eclipse I have ever seen. The moon was so peculiar looking that we just stood and gawked for a couple minutes at how cool it was that we were able to see it before we opened the store. This was definitely the highlight of my day!

(photo from AP, via the KOMO TV website)

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

You are kidding. You caught an eclipse by accident?

You are so artsy fartsy
sciency wiency
starry farry.

Okay, I've been hanging around a certain three year old entirely too long today!