For a link to pictures and plans, check out my homepage.
Click here to reference my Antarctica and International travels blog, the ice and other interests.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

10 things i will miss in a month

I like lists! Again, in no particular order, 10 things I will miss next month when I get to Antarctica:

1. Fresh, soft Washington peaches, pears, and nectarines (or an abundance of fresh fruit availability in general).

2. The plush carpet at Uncle Jerry and Aunt Faye's house.

3. Rain.

4. My cell phone, wireless internet, and free online phone calls to mom and dad.

5. Vegetated hills and mountains.

6. Christmas with any family (not even Laura will be with me this year)!

7. My car.

8. Starbucks and real milk in my mochas (as opposed to dry milk).

9. Cooking for myself.

10. Night sky.

2 comments:

Jonathon and Katie said...

I'm glad you mentioned rain. Most people think that it's a miracle I survived my childhood because of all the rain I had to live through. Honestly, whenever it rains, I experience a euphoria I cannot explain; especially when it's misting all day instead of a hard rain.

Anonymous said...

You'll miss cooking for yourself??? I love to bake, but certainly wouldn't mind giving up the everyday dinner cooking responsibility to someone else!