For a link to pictures and plans, check out my homepage.
Click here to reference my Antarctica and International travels blog, the ice and other interests.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

10 things to look forward to on ice

In 16 days I hope to be headed to Antarctica again and there are plenty of things to look forward to. Here are 10 of those items I anticipate with great delight:

1. Seeing Laura when she comes off the South Pole.

2. Seeing the good friends I met last year again (and making some new ones, too).

3. Sunday morning brunch.

4. The mountains.

5. Quiet.

6. Traveling there and back.

7. The lack of American consumerism (especially at Christmas).

8. Working in support of the National Science Foundation.

9. Sending mail from Antarctica and receiving the packages I sent to myself (or finding I have mail from you).

10. Hopefully, some good wildlife again this season.

3 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

I like your take on Christmas. I was actually JEALOUS of you last year at Christmas. :)

Kerri said...

So your blog is titled "The Summer Tour Towards the Rest of My Life." Does that mean your blog will become defunct once summer is over, or will we be able to keep up with you once you're back on ice?

Kerri

andrea said...

The blog will be here. I'll change the title and the look a bit, but the content will continue to flow!