For a link to pictures and plans, check out my homepage.
Click here to reference my Antarctica and International travels blog, the ice and other interests.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

lasts

Today was my last Starbucks shift; in fact, I just returned home and am just about to throw away my nasty milk and mocha covered shoes. It was a bit sad to go. While I'm very excited to be on my way to Antarctica again this year, I will miss my new friends at the coffee shop and my free on-the-job beverages (mostly the cinnamon dolce latte). I highly recommend Starbucks as an employer and continue to be impressed by their social and environmental integrity. Yes, the coffee prices are a bit high, but they invest in a lot of people along the way. I'm finished working for the company this summer, but I hope to return again sometime! Thanks to Jeremy for giving me a shot at the barista job for a short summer job.

As of tomorrow, I will also enjoy my last week here, in Washington. I have a week to get my life packed up in boxes, finish last minute projects, pore over my suitcase contents, and catch a few friends for last minute social engagements.

Finally, this is the last posting under "the summer tour towards the rest of my life." Don't worry, I'll still be posting my blog here, at this very same address. When you return, you find a new look and new content celebrating my fourth summer in a row!

5 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Oh wow. Even your photo looked like a Starbucks after it was locked up for the evening. Did you take that photo?

I can hear in your voice that you're leaving. Bon voyage, friend. And many happy returns.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine heading into winter in just a week. We are still having gorgeous summer weather - warm temps and blue skies. Have a safe trip. I look forward to reading about this year's adventures and seeing more photos.

carles Comella said...

Interesant blog.

For Education said...

nice post...keep smiling

Pablo (yo) said...

Great blog!!!
if you like, come back and visit mine: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Pablo from Argentina