For a link to pictures and plans, check out my homepage.
Click here to reference my Antarctica and International travels blog, the ice and other interests.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

odds and ends

How does it work, that we can put a computer in a cell phone, but we can't shrink the printer down to a more reasonable 8.5"x11" petite size? I recently bought a new printer with the gift card I won for entering a photo contest a few months back (thank you for your votes). I was required to spend it before January of 2008. I did not think this would be much of an issue, as the picture online made the printer appear quite slim and space-saving. Upon picking up the box, I realized that was an incorrect assumption. The behemoth machine is roughly 5 times the size of my 17" laptop!

My barista skills have steadily improved all summer. I think it was a compliment to be sent over to a couple other stores this week to help out. They were much busier, but that makes for excellent practice! It's nice to have a touch of confidence during a rush of customers.

My Sunday was a restful day today. I went for a walk, finished some art projects, cooked two yummy meals, and learned how to crochet squares all by myself (well, mom explained it while she was here a couple weeks ago). I'm well on my way to completing a dishcloth!

My second Antarctic adventure story will begin in 24 days. I am expecting to receive my airline and ticket information this week. I've made it through my clothes and picked out the ones to bring with me for The Ice and traveling. The rest (minus the Starbucks dress code) have been buried in my boxes! I am enjoying most everything living right now; although, the mouse I saw while I journaled in the woods this afternoon was a bit much! Sometimes it's difficult to be mindful of things, like rain, that won't be around me in a month, but feeling the wet on my skin come from the sky keeps me thinking deliberately about enjoying this "lively" world for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

Hey, A!

Teach me to knit! Teach me!

And yes...grr... why can't technology keep up with lifestyles? We need smaller printers.